Caramelized Banana Cake
- 23 oz Clearbrook Farms Caramelized Banana Fruit Filling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour,
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder,
- 1 teaspoon baking soda,
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon,
- Pinch of salt, 3½ tablespoons
- Butter, melted,
- 2 tablespoons reserved,
- 2 eggs, beaten,
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract,
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar,
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted,
- 2 tablespoons Caramelized Banana Fruit Filling,
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in bowl, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together butter and caramelized banana fruit filling, reserve 2 tablespoons of filling for icing.
- Add the eggs and vanilla; whisk to combine;
- Add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, stirring just until combined.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In small bowl, whisk together sugar, butter and fruit filling.
- Gradually add milk until drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle over cake.