Apricot Poppy Seed Quickbread
- Submitted by Clearbrook Farms
Yield: 1 loaf
Prep time: 30 minutes
- 3 tablespoon poppy seeds
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup non-fat dry milk powder
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground mace
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ¼ cups Clearbrook Farms Apricot Preserves
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- In a small bowl, soak poppy seeds in ¼ cup milk.
- In a medium bowl, combine dry milk, flour, baking soda and powder, salt and mace. Set aside
- In a large bowl, cream together the sugar and butter. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing completely after each addition. Stir the preserves into this mixture. Next, add the poppy seeds and sour cream to complete the wet mixture.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet in three stages, mixing thoroughly and scraping the sides of the bowl with each addition.
- Spread the batter in a greased standard loaf pan (9 x 5 x 3 inches.) Bake in a preheated oven for approximately 50 minutes of until a toothpick inserted in the center, tests clean and dry. Remove loaf from pan and cool on a wire rack.