Here at Clearbrook Farms we are committed to giving you a series of simple dessert building tips and baking instructions that should help streamline your time in the kitchen. While we have included many of our favorite recipes directly with each product displayed on our site, we have also included some of our most popular and tried and true recipes here.
Here's to faster prep and more fresh fruit flavor for your table!
FRUIT BASTING AND GLAZING SAUCES
Make your own Clearbrook Farms basting or glazing sauce using the following formula:
- 6 tablespoons Clearbrook Farms Old-Fashioned Preserves
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon spice
- For CHICKEN:
Try using Clearbrook Farms Bitter-Sweet Orange Marmalade
add 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger for the spice plus 1 tablespoon soy sauce.
- For SHRIMP:
Try using Clearbrook Farms California Apricot or Peach Preserves
add 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger plus 1 tablespoon horseradish.
- For PORK:
Try using Clearbrook Farms Oregon Red Raspberry Preserves
add 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger plus 1 tablespoon soy sauce and 4 tablespoons butter.
• This glossy sauce requires that you whisk together and heat the preserves, vinegar, mustard, ginger and soy sauce. Then, just before serving, stir in the butter until melted and smooth.
- For HAM:
Try using Clearbrook Farms Michigan Red Tart Cherry Preserves
add 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice.
Combine the following ingredients in a mixing bowl:
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup rolled oats,
- 1/2 cup (packed) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter and 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- Pre-heat oven to 450°F.
- Work the mixture together lightly with your fingers until crumbly.
- Spray an 8-inch square baking pan with vegetable oil spray, then fill the pan with one canning jar of Clearbrook Farms Fruit•Tart .
- Sprinkle the crumbly topping evenly over the Fruit•Tart.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F and bake for approximately 30 to 40 minutes or until the crust is golden and crispy. (Serve warm with ice cream!)
BERRY FRUIT BARS
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sliced almonds (divided)
- 1 cup cold butter, sliced
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cup Clearbrook Farms
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade, combine the flour, 1 cup of the almonds, the butter, brown sugar and vanilla. Process until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Reserve 3/4 cup of the crumb mixture.
- Press all of the remaining crumb mixture into an 11" x 17" jelly roll pan (ungreased), building up 1/2 -inch edges against the sides of the pan.
- Pre-bake this crust for 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and spread the preserves over the crust.
Note: Microwaving the preserve for 20 to 30 seconds will make it easier to spread.
- Sprinkle the reserved crumbs and the remaining 1/2 cup of sliced almonds over the preserves.
- Return to the oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool and cut into bars.
Makes 36 (2 1/2" x 1 1/2") bars.
GRANDMOTHER'S THUMBPRINT COOKIES
- 1 1/4 cups rolled oats firmly packed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 1 3/4 cups finely chopped walnuts or pecans
- Clearbrook Farms Preserves
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together shortening and sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Gradually sift in the flour and salt and blend thoroughly.
- Add oats and 3/4 cup of the nuts and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate until well chilled.
- Pre-heat oven to 300°F.
- Shape the chilled dough into balls about 1 inch in diameter.
- Roll balls in the remaining nuts to coat and place on cookie sheet (about 2 inches apart)
- Press the cookie ball and fill the "dent" with your favorite Clearbrook Farms Preserves.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 25 to 30 minutes