Apple Butter Cookies
- 1 jar Clearbrook Farms Apple Butter
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsalted butter or margarine, softened
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp molasses
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 egg whites
- ½ tsp allspice
- ¾ cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Place rack in center of oven.
- Cream together butter, brown sugar, molasses and apple butter.
- Mix in egg whites.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and allspice.
- With a sturdy wooden spoon, mix together dry ingredients, wet ingredients and raisins until well combined.
- Drop batter, by rounded tablespoons, onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350° F for 20 minutes or until springy in the center.
- Remove from cookie sheet while hot and cool on rack.
- Yields 4 dozen cookies
*You can substitute Clearbrook Farms Pumpkin, Peach or Pear Butters for the Apple Butter