Apple Butter Bread
- 1 ½ cups Clearbrook Farms Apple Butter
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup apple juice
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup margarine, melted
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup raisins
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- Stir in ¾ cup apple butter, apple juice margarine and egg.
- Fold in raisins and walnuts.
- Grease and flour loaf pan.
- Pour half the batter into pan.
- Gently place remaining ¾ cup apple butter over batter.
- Bake at 350° F for 65 – 75 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched in center.
- Cool 15 minutes before removing from pan and continue to cool on rack.
Yields 1 loaf.
*You can substitute Clearbrook Farms Pumpkin, Peach or Pear Butters for the Apple Butter.