Berry Fruit Bars
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups sliced almonds (divided)
- 1 cup cold butter, sliced
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ⅓ cup Clearbrook Farms Seedless Red Raspberry, or Blackberry, or Blueberry, or Black Raspberry.
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade, combiner the flour, 1 cup of the almonds, the butter, brown sugar, and vanilla. Process until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Reserve ¾ cup of the crumb mixture.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Press all of the remaining crumb mixture into a 11” x 17 “ jelly roll pan (ungreased) – building up ½ inch edges against the sides of the pan. Pre-bake this crust for 10 – 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and spread the preserves over the crust (note: micro waving the jam for 20 to 30 seconds will make it easier to spread). Sprinkle to reserved crumbs and the remaining ½ cup of almonds over the preserves. Return to the oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Cool and cut into bars.
Makes 36 (2 ½” x 1 ½ “) bars